So I’ve finally gotten to a point where I could bring back my old iOS project Arena Truck Pro back to life! What held me back earlier last year was not lack of equipment, software or art development skills. It was a real lack of scripting ability. It was a hard lesson to learn and I had to take the better part of all of last year learning Unityscript from the ground up. One year later and I am in a place that I can create functionality for whatever I may need in a game via scripting. I actually released a simple card matching game “Tablet Match” with what I had learned and now I’m ready to bring my original idea for Arena Truck Pro to fruition.
I have made some changes to the game though, mainly adding in non-truck vehicles and environments no longer contained in arenas. Both of this things considered, I will have to be considering a name change for this project. I really don’t know what to call it yet, but I am sure a name will form out over time.